Friday, February 25, 2011

02.25.2011 post

I first discovered St Marys by way of the Internet.  When my daughter told me the Navy was going land her and my grandchildren here I did a search and was immediately captivated by what I found.  That was more than ten years ago.  Since that time I visited St Marys often, then inevitably, made this lovely place my home.  I now work as a hostess at the St Marys Welcome Center and have worked as a docent at Orange Hall.

 

I can tell you firsthand that there is something very special about this little corner of the world; something healthful and wholesome.  In the current issue of the St Marys Magazine, Alex Kearns has written an article that eloquently describes what I feel about living here.  She says, ”Those who visit for the first time sense this delightful and gentle force (of spirit) and are inexorably drawn to return again.”  I have often told visitors to our city that the only risk in coming to St Marys is that no one ever come here just once, they always return.  “The senses come alive here, and it is impossible to remain aloof when surrounded by such exquisite sensory riches,” is how Kearns expresses the experience.  St Marys is not only a place of beauty; it is also a place of spiritual richness.

 

 

Suzanne Thomet

No comments:

Post a Comment